Wednesday, August 18, 2010

#48:more photos of Generations Blurr, Derrick J. Wyatt unused TFA art, and the TFA encyclopedia

Links:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/photo-gallery-of-generations-blurr-170425/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/transformers-animated---derrick-j-wyatts-con-sketches-170423/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/animated-encyclopedia-wingblade-optimus-prime-elite-guard-version-announced-170426/


Hey all, i'm finally back for anohter post. Hope you have all had a good time doing whatever it is you do recetnly. anyway, onto the post

So that first link takes you to photos of Generations drift, the repaint and re-tool of Drift coming out in wave 4. Now, Blurr's head is based off his IDW comic appearances, which is very nifty. I love the heald mold, and i've never read the comics. I'm so digging this figure, and i love the mold. Hell, i've already pre-ordered Blurr and his wave-mate Dirge from TFsource. Dirge is another classic seeker mold release that had previously been only Henkei i think, so yea. all i need for my seekers collection is any "rainmakers", classics starscream, sunstorm, ramjet and thundercracker. I love how awesome you can make blurr look wiht his one long rifle.

2nd sotry: Derrick J. Wyatt's unused TF: animated artwork. I assume he showed these at Auto asssembly, and the neatest ones for me are the one that appear to be a lion-former (making it automatically either Razorclaw or Lio Convoy (the latter is from BWII)) and the "bust" style full color drawing of Star Saber. Now i've barely seen the episodes of Masterforce and such that Star Saber was the Autobot leader, but this update to him is awesome and i wouldve loved to see how he worked into the show had it gone on. I loved the animated aesthetic, it was really well done and incredibly different from shows prior and from the movieverse and it was just great in all show aspects. but at least TF:Prime is coming out sometime soon

3rd story: TF:animated encyclopedia w/ exclusive figure. This is interesting. apparently if you order the Japan-market only Transformers encyclopedia (which i would but i can read japanese) then you get a chance of ordering an exclusive figure based off the wingblade optimus prime mold (which isnt even out yet). said figure looks to be a "Elite Guard" re-deco of the figure. I'm intrigued byt this highly and would get the toy, btu i'm not willing to spend $77 Us pre-shipping (the price of the figure converts to about $57 US) for a book i cant read and a re-deco i may not like. especially when i want to focus on the Generations line this fall and spring before botcon. I may regret this decision later, but its hard for me to get wowed by a figure we only ahve a silhouette and a rumored name for. I'm surprised Hasbro didnt do a "elite guard" repaint of TFA Prime, they did one of bumblebee (which couldnt have been more pointless).

Thats all for me this post. hope you enjoyed. as always, comment below.

--Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment