http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-animated-voyager-ramjet-announced/19879/
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-prime-starts-now-bulkhead-soundwave-starscream-and-main-cast-revealed/19880/
Wow has this be a great day for news. First up Takara Tomy announced that theyre doing a voyager version of TFA Ramjet, a figure the USA did not get at all. While i do want this guy, Ramjet will undoubtedly be another repaint of starscream and at leats my sopy of TFA starscream has mold issues on the cockpit automorphing gimmick. i can only imagine people are having the same issue now. but yea, while i am excited about this, i cant justify to myslef paying top dollar to import a glorified overgrown activator. I'll buy the classics ramjet off of ebay.
Now, for once the TV show has outdone the toyline. well a tv show. there was a massively epic TF:Prime reveal earlier today. We got to see alt mode from prime and arcee in full detail, we got to see both modes of bulkhead, we got to see the the decepticon tropper leader, we got to see robot modes for starscream and soundwave, and we got bios on all the robto and human characters. I'm not gonna touch on the bios much, because for the most part, i have no issue with them. I'm gonna touch on the actual photos, which you can see at the second link above or at this one: ( http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/hubworld-official-launch---transformers-prime-character-renders-games-and-more-170643/ )
Let iron out the negatives first. Optimus's alt mode looks bland as F*** from the angel we're given, btu i love the robot mode so i'm excusing the blandness. Soundwave is a big negative for me out of the gate, i'm not feeling the animation model or much of the bio right now. I especially dont like how he looks anorexic and how his hands are designed with relation to his wings. If a toy comes out i can just see the wings being cheap flip-out fragile rubbery hands that are highly visible in alt mode. This design just does not do it for me at all. Starscream is a mild fail for me, i low his bio and his overall aestehtic, but he seems too spindly for a robot at least in my tastes. I cant help but get the feeling that Starscream is a more flamboyantly skinny version of Dr. Frankenfurter from Rock Horror when i look at how thin he is.
sorry if i offenede anyone just then.
Now to thte positives. Everything abotu cliffjumper and Arcee is win. I also really dig the humans and thier bios. Bumblebee is also surpringly enough a win, and i'm nto a fan of movieverse bumblebee (although TF:prime isnt movieverse, its in the WFC continuity but still). but by far and waya the biggest win from TF Prime for me is bulkhead. I cannot put into words how i feel about his desgin, thats how much in love wiht it i am. I'm goign to quote one of my good freinds in the transformers community, Touya (Links after this to his schtuff) on his reaction as it pretty much echoes how i feel " Can I just say right now, Bulkhead, I love you, bro. Good to see you again. Looking good. New polish? Wax? " he continues: " #
Like, it's so awesome, I want to cry when I look at him, because I know he's still the same Bulkhead who I grew to love in TFA....and knowing that his best friend is a girl who teaches him to not be such a softie, that's just an amazing angle for the character. I just love the big and gentle characters, gets me every time. And I can totally see a plotline where the girl is in danger and he goes apeshit, barrels through decepticons, nearly kills Megatron, all to save her, not realizing what he's done till after."
YEa, what more can be said. They don't call Touya the Articulate Gamer for nothing. alhtough this isnt gaming, you get my point. anyway, you can find Touya on the Bulltoid podcast (i'm sure he'll ad a link) as well as on youtube as touya82tt, on his gaming blog, thearticulategamer.blogspot.com . I believe thats everythign he's invovled him, but if i'm wrong, he'll correct me. :)
anyway, thats it for me guys. Thanks for reading, and please leave any comments or feedback below.
--Zack
No comments:
Post a Comment