Sunday, December 19, 2010

In package shots of upcoming RTS and Generations figures

Wow, its been a long time since i've posted on here. I was originally gonna post a rather ranty and angry post on here back llike 2 weeks ago about how certain people are only fans of this one girl in the NErd community because she is somewhat attractive. Frankly, in short. i find her short videos of little substance, and her jump cuts are annoyign as all hell. that and she fails to recognize that most of her recent exposure is comgin from the fact that G4 made fun of her mispronouncing Cataclysm and Catack-a-lysm. anyway, thats another rant for another time.

Today, 6 days out from Christmas Day, wer'e here to talk about some in package photos of some Transformers Revela the shield (RTS from now on) and Generations figures due out in jan/february.

Here's the link: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-official-images-of-generations-rts/20423/

So, lets go down the line. siebertron starst us off with 3 photos of Wreck-Gar from RTS. I am very much in love with this figure, and as anyone who reads this knows, i have him pre-ordered on bigbad. Two things i wanna highlight here. 1) I'm really digging the product art they have on the front of the packaging. 2) I'm digging how the legs appear to be fformed from the top half of the motorcycle and how the spinny-death-mace-axe seems to be just partially folded up and pegged into a wheel so it becomes an exhaust system. I dig me nifty, intuitive transformations and nifty weapons storage.

Next, we have 3 images of perceptor. Having seen a couple early reviews of this guy, i think i can say that my only major gripe is the lack paint-apped detail in Alt mose. But thats what gundam markers are for! Also, call the legs weird looking and awkwardly skinny then chunky, btu i am diggin the legs alot. I also dig the transformation on this guy, as i've seen in the reviews. also, its no surprise i love that head mold.

3rd up to the plate is RTS G2 Optimus. Now, i've actually taken this guys off pre-order since i last posted on him i believe. Why you ask? well simpy put, while i do like the character and the overall mold for this toy, he's not exactly high on my wants list. I dont mind the colors in all mode, but here's my gripes: 1) the smallish groove in his sword: I know that plays into his weapons storage somehow, or i assume it does, but i dont like the fact that the sword has a hole in it for a transforming hilt. Also it seems a bit short. 2)The HEad mold. While the head is iconically prime, somethign about it just irks me, maybe its the beady eyes. I just get more of a nemesis prime feel from this mold, you know like and R.i.d Scourge Homage, than i do an Optimus feel. Hasbro, do the obvious repaint of this mold please. One can never have enough nemesis primes.

Hitting Cleanup we've got the repaint of Classics Bumblebee into the charaters movieverse color scheme. I do like this mold (i have the cliff jumper version) but idk how i feel about the paint scheme. I slightly prefer what the original iteration of this mold had. I may pick this guy up at retail, but idk.

Scourge: YEa i love this figur. looks so nice in package and base on reviews i've seen. Recently put my preorder for this guy back up on TFsource. I'm really digging this guy. Now all i need is a classics galvatron to display him and cyclonus with (goes to ebay....)

Seargant Kup: YEa, really digging this. have him pre-oredered on bigbad. love the reviews i've seen on him. i love the playability with the rifle. the enginerring of the shoulders with the wheel is kinda of a let down, but i'm being nitpicky. The head scultp has grown on me, and 3rd party company Igear is wokring on a more comic accurate head wiht Kup's Cy-gar, so i may get that if its not too pricey. yes the alt mode is panel-y but i dont care.

So thats my take on these images, whats yours? comment below or post on youtube your thoughts

--Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment