Sunday, June 27, 2010

Botcon 2010 Non-attendee thoughts part 7: HAsbro designers pannel

Man i wish i coulda gone this year. a lot fo awesome stuff has been revealed for the fall and onwards.

Once again, thank you to TFW2005 for keeping everyone posted, now just approve my membership please!

anyway. the link following is to the main page where we have the summary of the hasbro desginers panel and the live chat as well: www.tfw2005.com

So here's what was revealed:

NEw Legends Class figures
G1 Optimus Prime
G1 Starscream
G1 Megatron
(can be held by MP Starscream)
G1 Prowl
All will have rub symbols

--I'm intigued by the sound of these, Legends class figures do have the vast potential to suck though, so we'll see. I love the bringing back of the rub symbols. I'm most happy for g1 prowl and prime though.


Scout Size Class
G1 Windcharger
(flip-out magnet weapons, can hold waepons of Generations Darkmount and Movie Recon Ironhide)

I'm amused by a scout class figure holding a gun from Recon Ironhide thats probably about as big as him. Even more amused by Windcharge attempting to hold Darkmount's pickaxe thing. I'm intrigued by this, but the gimmick has vast potential to suck. So we'll see. I like the fan-catering here.

Deluxe Class
Skullgrin
Scourge
WFC Cliffjumper
Thunderwing
Tracks
Jazz
Perceptor

lot to cover in this section. so here we go:

Skullgrin is the Darkmount (Straxxus Redeco Hasbro mentioned on Saturday. ITs a remolding too as supposedly there's a new ram-ish head. I'm very intrigued by this and i want photos. I would really like a skullgrin figure, even though i know nothign about the original pretender character.
Scourge: according to TFW this figure will be a straight homage to his g1 self (insert obligatory sweeps repaints). They're aiming for him to be a stalth jet thats mianly white (hopefully some blue like his g1 form) Like the original toy, the head will elevate in vehicle mode (I guess this was just a gimick on the orignal, dont remember it being used in the show) and his weapon will be a gun remiscent of both his orignial red gun thign on his head and his targetmaster. the toy wont be a targetmaster. I'm intrigued and very happy y this as there is no way i can afford the botcon 2009 scourge. I do want photos though of both modes and how the head elevates.

WFC Cliffjumper: a repaint of WFC Bumblebee but with "devil horns" according to hasbro. I'm intrigued by this, even though it was inevitable. hopefully it doesnt get scrapped and they give him a tweaked bio.

Thunderwing: apparently another G1 homage and update, i'm intrigued as i dont know much about this guy, as i never read the comics, where most of his g1 characterization comes from. Apparently the front of him is a detachable, non-transforming drone. I'm intrigued by this, hoepfully it wont compromise the main figure and will add play value.

Tracks: Finally! a non-alternators Tracks toy! I may pass on the alternators version just to get this guy. I'm hoping for a g1 accurate deco. Love this character and the g1 and alternators toy, and its about time he got an update. I'm especially enthused by the fact they're incoporating in his "flying-car mode". Which i will love ven if it sux.

Jazz: loving the g1 inspiration theyre goin wiht. especially on this guy, as they said his car speaker pop out in vehicle mode like in the orignial cartoon. I'm very happy wiht this announcement, as i love Jazz. I want photos though.

Perceptor. ARG! i just got the commemorative perceptor not too long ago! that being said, i do like the sound of this guy. Seems he has an alternat head thing as well according to the TFW2005 chat, which is intriguing. I wonder why. According to TFW, Perceptor will be slightly based on his animated show counterpart with an openign chest to "scan things". They're talking about re-decoing him into Reflector, who hasn't gotten a toy since g1. maybe that what the alternate head was for? but in the g1 toyline, reflector was 3 separate bots who came together and were a camera. so i dodnt see how they can make a microscope,truck, robto scientist guy into a camera wihtout remolding alot.

oh and before i go on, they're re-decoing/remolding the decepticon deluxe Hailstorm (which we dont have up close photos of yet) to an autobot named Mindset. We'll see on that one. Theyre also gonna re-decon RTOF branw as outback (Fallback). I'm intigued by this, but i think i would like a new head and some remolding on the lower torso.

Non-deluxes so probaly Voyager or up:

Grapple: a redeco and remold of universe 2,0 inferno, this thing will sell like hotcakes. love the character, so if there's still some around, i'll get him.

Lugnut: according to TFW, this fiugre will rock, and i'm excited based on the description: "new mold, WWII style bomber, looks amazing, very bulky". Lets just hope his robot mode is tallish and not short like his animated counterpart

The Fallen repaint: We've seen this, and me no likey

Powercore Combiners
Heavytread with Groundspike
Skyhammer with Airlift Skyhammer is an homage to g1 Misfire/Triggerhappy
Five pack of Constructicons
Dinobot set (Grimstone is the leader, combine into "THE BEAST",

Still need photos of the Dinobot set, which could masively suck. This line's aesthetic is losing steam for me. I want photos of all these new two packs though. i like the names though

Original 13 Transformers
Alpha Trion (can see past, present, and future, has pen and a book)
Liege Maximo (ram-styled horns, has swords and an hourglass)
Vector Prime (gold armor, overseer of time and space)
Prima (first prime, all white, "Warrior of Light", sword has the Matrix as the hilt)
Megatronus (black and red, "Warrior of Darkness", fusion cannon, Megatron-esq ... duh)

allegedly one of these guys becomes the Fallen. I know which but wont spoil it, click the above link. all they showed was concept art, so i dont know where theyre going wiht it

Miscellaneous news:

Hsbro is planning a new Kup toy sometime soon, btu there are no futher details ( i smeel eihter a tf3 Kup or somehtign right at the end of Generations

The designers at the panel wanted to try and perfect the human figures and do updtae cassette bots at some point

Aaron Archer would love to revisit Beast wars again, and many of the fans would love it too, maybe then we'll get a good Rhinox toy!

Takara-Tomy most likely will notbe making new toys for Japanese Animated
the infamous "Blue Classics Bumblebee" is not a Hasbro product
No Transformers Prime toys as of yet, only a television show
they wanna do a Wheeljack toy badly, as they all love the character, but the oppotrunity hasnt arisen. (really? umm you could just made downshift in Energon Wheeljack). Do a wheeljack toy soon.

IF WFC sells well, they;ll do more toys, starscream is on the shortlist for a toy (if he gets made cue the repaints. what i would give for a WFC Thundercracker and sunstorm)

They Haven't forgotten Trailbreaker, who hasnt gotten a toy since g1. Yay! There's a post in the chat that perceptor's alternate head resembels trailbreaker. would be intersting to see that remold.

I'm Zack and this has been TF Musings. comment below if you can

No comments:

Post a Comment