Saturday, June 26, 2010

Botcon Non-attendee thoughts part 6: Fresh Display figures from the Botcon panel

I promised shorter titles! Anyway, all figures mentioned in this post can be viewed here: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/more-new-toys-from-botcon-hasbro-display-170058/

Thank you tfw2005 for the great coverage.

Ok so we've got 4 figures that got added to the HAsbro display case. Two we've gotten highly photoshopped images of, and those would be Tomahawka nd Terradive, who we'll get to in a second. The other two are figures revelaed during the panel.

First up, one of the figures revealed during the panel. Highbrow, the twin boom fighter. I wanted photos, and i got them. now the original g1 highbrow was a mastermind in the headmaster era, and was very intelligent and a bit of a snob. His toy was a twin prop helicopter wiht a dominantly blue and gray color scheme. What we're getting wiht what appears to be Generations/Hunt for the Decepticons Highbrow is a bit different. We're getting a twin boom fighter with two props and a very respectable amount of armament. Is this more of a battle ready yet still incredibly intelligent Highbrow? We'll see once we get the bio. I'm surpsringly digging the alt mode. It seems like a modern update to that of the g1 character and toy. As for the robot mode, I'm mixed. LEts work our way up, most of the minor quibbles i have lie on the legs. The feet are nice and study looking, btu i'm a bit worried byt the amount of blandness on the shins. i'm seeing some riveting detailing and where the landing gear folds away, but i feel they could've done more.
To Highbrow's waist and crotchal region, I don't mind the look of this section, and the detailing is really nice, especially on the thighs and just above the waist in the abdominal area. Where i get worried though is the engineering of the waist in thea tit looks like its two halves the clip together. This system is abotu as likely to work as not, so we'll see. Now for the upper body: that looks fine and very nice. the lower arms seem to be a bit different in their look and joiting, btu i like it. I'm not sure how i feel about the headsculpt, but i think the mask on top comes down, so we'll see how he looks in reviews. I do like him alot though. Now all we need is a bio and a street date!

Tomahawk and Terradive: Was really digging these two guys even from their overly photoshopped previe photos. Terradive still looks awesome in both modes. Loving the head-mold and the trident. IT's a trident of awesome evil!. The yellow-orange is a bit offputting, but i dont mind it, just hoped he was more orange and black. As for Tomahawk, we strangely, as of now, have no display photos of his robot mode. Only his alt mode, which looks darn nice. As a guy on the WTF@TFW podcast said, Tomahawk seems to be an apology for Blazemaster. An aweseom apology at that. I would like to have seen some robot mode shots though. Unless i'm wrong, the only one we got was of his back and the "kibble" that could be present. This is fine, but his back looks tidy (that sounds weird). I want a full robot mode photo!

And now for the piece de resistance: Generations Blurr. OMG this thing looks awesome. I was happy when they announced this reapint/remold of Drift, as my only other Blurr figure is from the Animated line, and he's already showing some mold degrdation on the right leg and one of the shoulders. But onto Generations Blurr. I'm liking the alt mode alot. It looks fast, and that all you need from a car by the name Blurr. for the robot mode, i really have no issues, its really nice, He has a sniper rife and two pistols. The pistols i assume clip onto the doors, like the smaller swrods do on Generations Drift. With the rifle, it seems its two-handed which is interesting. Now the headsculpt can make or break an awesoem figure. And Blurr's while it didnt grab me right away, is growing on me. It still look very sleek, fast and the atennae thing at the top is very reminiscent of g1 blurr. I like the inclusion of the sniper rifle, and can just see someone writing a piece that include blurr running from sniper poitn to sniper point in battle very fast. But yea, this figure, due out in spetember i believ, is pretty much bought.

There may be another post today, we'll see.

I'm Zack and this has been TF Musings. Comment below if you can (blogspot's comment moderation can be finnicky).

No comments:

Post a Comment